An all-time favorite with almost all North-Indian households is Aloo Gobi which simply means a Potato Cauliflower preparation There are various methods of preparation for this and the below is a sample. Sumi always tries so many varieties for this. We felt this was tasty enough to be a starter recipe for our site LOL.
- 1 Medium Sized Cauliflower cut into small florets
- 3 medium sized potatoes peeled and cut into cubes
- 10 curry leaves
- 1 tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Cumin-Coriander seeds paste
- 1 tbsp Onion Paste
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 green chillies cut diagonally
- 1 red chilli
- 1 medium sized tomato cut into small pieces
- 1 tsp tomato chilli sauce
- 1 tbs tomato ketchup
- Salt to taste
- 4tbs oil
- 1/2 cup water
Heat oil in a wok, add the whole red chilli, cumin seeds and the asafoetida, green chillies, curry leaves and saute till 10 seconds.
Add the ginger-garlic paste, onion paste, cumin-coriander paste, garam masala, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and cut tomato. Saute for 1minute
Now add cauliflower, cut potatoes, tomato-chilli sauce, tomato ketchup and fry on high flame by continuously stirring. Add salt and Fry for 3-4 minutes.
Add the water and cook on low flame covered